Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

Homepage Forums Theism Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

This topic contains 136 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 137 total)
  • Author

I have Jean Claude Van Dammed that “Beast from Brussels” story a few times. Once we learn to think critically rather than to think magically we can almost “know” that a story is false. Not all swans are white so it can pay dividend to look for black ones.

Michael, you now say the story is preposterous but for how long have you believed it to be true?

How long have you believed that you can communicate with the Creator of the Universe?

Do you think it likely that the “true” followers of Jesus will become immortal?

michael17
    Participant

I have Jean Claude Van Dammed that “Beast from Brussels” story a few times. Once we learn to think critically rather than to think magically we can almost “know” that a story is false. Not all swans are white so it can pay dividend to look for black ones. Michael, you now say the story is preposterous but for how long have you believed it to be true? How long have you believed that you can communicate with the Creator of the Universe? Do you think it likely that the “true” followers of Jesus will become immortal?

i was never aware of the full story. I thought that it was a statement of fact that a computer in Brussels was called the beast. I was  never aware of the fantastic details that followed the story. As such, I had no reason to question it.  Certainly the full story is preposterous. There is a laundry list of preposterous ideas in mainstream Christian eschatological literature. I encountered 40 years worth of it.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  michael17.

jakelafort
    Participant

Yeah Michael, mainstream christian eschatological ideas are preposterous. The rest of the stuff makes perfect sense..talking snakes, virgin birth, transubstantiation, original sin… Lucky for us you have the perspicacity to divine and decipher the actual eschatology.

What would it take to make you realize that your ideas about prophecy are false, that Christianity is an anachronistic, primitive religion, that it in no way describes reality and that its existence is a continuing source of harm and suffering? What if it were some of the great minds of all time…idk..David Hume, Bertrand Russell, Christopher Hitchens, Ludwig Feuerbach? I don’t think a tag team of all stars would make a dent in your perspective. You’ve heard of drain the main vein? It would require drain the main brain.

michael17
    Participant

@jakelafort

Talking snakes and transubstantiation are from Roman Christianity and non – biblical The assumption of the Virgin and mariology  are also Roman and the bases for the belief in the  false apparition. The virgin birth and the talking serpent are biblical and can be questioned by nonbelievers.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, which version of the bible are you relying on? Why should anyone think it is reliable/word of god? Since old and new testament have been changed so many times by scribes what makes you think you have access to the bible?

Is your belief faith-based only or is there some rational basis for you being a Christian? If it is rational then how do you reconcile it with science? What is the rational basis of it?

What happened to people before Christianity? Lets arbitrarily say 62,000 years ago did people go to heaven and hell? If so what did the decision-maker utilize in sending decedents to one place or the other?

Davis
    Participant

Rationalwiki is a wonderful and  hilarious source for all the numerous problems with the bible. There are numerous articles (some very well documented and written). My three favourites are:

Prophecies

Historical accuracy

Scientific errors

michael17
    Participant

Davis wrote:Rationalwiki is a wonderful and hilarious source for all the numerous problems with the bible. There are numerous articles (some very well documented and written). My three favourites are: Prophecies Historical accuracy Scientific error

There are apologist refutations in same wiki article, but in regard to Tyre, relative to the original island state, it was completely destroyed and the island no longer exists as such. The land got absorbed and a redistricted area is named Tyre built on ruins which are not from the original island city state.

jakelafort
    Participant

Come on man!

Lets learn something. EVANGELIZE!

Give your world view. You have as yet done nothing (from my perspective) to separate yourself from the theistic pack. You say you have high iq…you say you have devoted a significant portion of your life to this endeavor. Convince us. Give anything at all that is probative or makes us reconsider or wonder.

_Robert_
    Participant

A forum quotation system seems to elude the prophet. Nothing to learn here.

michael17
    Participant

Come on man! Lets learn something. EVANGELIZE! Give your world view. You have as yet done nothing (from my perspective) to separate yourself from the theistic pack. You say you have high iq…you say you have devoted a significant portion of your life to this endeavor. Convince us. Give anything at all that is probative or makes us reconsider or wonder.

I don’t heal the sick, cleanse the leper nor raise the dead, so I don’t have the signs of his true body. I financed trips to Jerusalem and Alasehir ,Turkey

looking for the remnant that works wonders, without which there are no sign of them that believe. I went to Solomon’s Portico every day and had someone canvas Alasehir to receive the second birth that Christ spoke of. To receive the comforter that will dwell with me forever. Roman appears to have martyred the entire body for the assemblies in Asia Minor and Jerusalem don’t appear to exist anymore. However we are inundated with offshoots from the Roman Church who haven’t fallen very far from tree and are Babylon-ish.  With every thing from Church steeple (obelisks as at the Vatican for the defied   Nimrod), crosses for the god Tammuz, Mitered hats for the fish god Dagan,  Christmas holidays (winter solstice observance, Sunday worship, window clerestory, the Trinity, praying to Roman saints, worshiping Mary, the Babylonian Goddess Isthar Astarte repackaged, incense, statuary etc.  The promulgation of the Lie and it’s imposition by the sword with its martyrdoms is my greatest evidence that true body once existed in much greater numbers.

@michael17 – I have tidied up a few repetitive posts for you.

There is a laundry list of preposterous ideas in mainstream Christian eschatological literature. I encountered 40 years worth of it.

I know how that feels Michael :-). I have occasionally despaired of the infantile mentality of adults that I share the planet with.   I have met a few who could not wait for the End of Days. Some of their laundry lists of silly ideas would not even be cleansed with industrial bleach.

I suppose we have spent a quarter of those years debating on various Internet forums (or fora if we ever meet on a hill in Rome) and yet I know not what you believe.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, let me come at this a different way. I have zero interest in comic books unless the comic book has independent indicia of reliability. A comic book can not authenticate itself.

Get it? Splain your foundations por favor.

michael17
    Participant

@michael17 – I have tidied up a few repetitive posts for you.

Thanks!

michael17
    Participant

There is a laundry list of preposterous ideas in mainstream Christian eschatological literature. I encountered 40 years worth of it. I know how that feels Michael :-). I have occasionally despaired of the infantile mentality of adults that I share the planet with. I have met a few who could not wait for the End of Days. Some of their laundry lists of silly ideas would not even be cleansed with industrial bleach. I suppose we have spent a quarter of those years debating on various Internet forums (or fora if we ever meet on a hill in Rome) and yet I know not what you believe.

From my recent posts you see that I believe that the  Mary Apparition seen in Egypt by millions is nothing more than than Babylon’s Ishtar (Astarte) the true harlot riding the beast, a lying wonder of  darkness.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.