Clearsky
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic The new powers that be in the forum
Politics 1 year, 8 months agoI wonder if Trump is a wannabe redneck and/or cowboy, but I know for sure he’s a natural born prick when it comes to how he treats people and fantasizes how to MAGA his way to infamy.
Here’s one of the well grounded guys he should have kept around.
11 minutes long
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Cunk in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 8 months ago
Nice, I hadn’t even thought about the similarity to Colbert. The Colbert Report was a big favorite of mine, watching his interviews, and it was always surprising how so few of those interviewed even knew they were being played, or that it was the thing he does every show.
-
PopeBeanie posted an update 1 year, 8 months ago
-
PopeBeanie started the topic Geology in the forum
Science — the kind that requires evidence and reason. 1 year, 8 months agoThis is about some new things learned from the Jan 2022 Tonga eruption.
10 minutes long, followed by 1-1/2 minutes of credits:
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic The Mathematical Proof of God, The Holy Trinity in the forum Theism 1 year, 8 months ago
It just seems too easy to correlate common numbers to so many patterns. It doesn’t add much awesomeness or profundity. I don’t think it even adds anything creative to myths. Anyone can find numeric patterns in just about anything.
And by myth I mean any scriptures, Christian or other, written by men who believe strongly in what God is or wants,…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic The new powers that be in the forum
Politics 1 year, 8 months agoAbout 2 minutes long:
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Cunk in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 9 months ago
Unseen wrote:
In other words, does absurdity place a limit on infinity?It does for me. Sean Carroll, physicist producer of the Mindscape podcast (who strikes me as brilliant) believes in the infinite universe outcome of random quantum wave collapses.
If I’m wording that reasonably well? The theory is that a universe splits into two universes,…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Cunk in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 9 months ago
unapologetic wrote:
Wow Cunk is annoying. Why would anyone consent to an interview with her?In case that’s a serious question: 1) The interviewees don’t know who she is; 2) I’ll bet you don’t like Borat, either!
I love them both, but I think I understand why a lot of people don’t.
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Cunk in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 9 months ago
-
PopeBeanie started the topic Cunk in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 9 months ago
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Arcane or Irrelevant Topic? On Free Will, Determinism, and Quantum Physics in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 1 year, 9 months agoReg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:
Me: “I don’t really adhere to the multiverse theories.”The video below goes into “gravity leaking between two or more braned universes” as a possible way to explain dark matter and/or dark energy. (Umm, I think?)
PopeBeanie wrote:
(It might even be a connection through a wormhole, but wtf do I know?!)I was wonde…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School November 24th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 9 months agoTake the example of playing a game, and you know you’re making a mistake when you push that button when you shouldn’t have, but your mind can’t stop your finger in time.
To me, that sounds similar to when your mind has made a decision before you’re conscious of it. And then some outsider know-it-all scientist or philosopher says “See, your…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School December 29th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 9 months agoThanks, Reg! Happy new year!!!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic The new powers that be in the forum
Politics 1 year, 9 months agoLegislative confusion in Texas over banning or permitting sexually explicit material in school libraries. (Hint: Bible, yay or nay?)
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic The new powers that be in the forum
Politics 1 year, 9 months ago -
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School December 22nd 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 9 months agoAs part of my divorce, I gave the whole house and contents to my almost-ex wife. I then landed the perfect place to live. I’m ‘caretaker’ for my friends spare house (the mother died a while back) sort of like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
I pay a peppercorn rent and have a four bedroom house in the woods with 6 acres of land, and heating from…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School December 22nd 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 9 months agoHey Reg! Thank you! Great year of Sunday School 🙂
-
PopeBeanie started the topic The new powers that be in the forum
Politics 1 year, 9 months agoWhen Musk’s politics were given voice and he latched onto making a difference, I said “I smell an oligarch around the corner”. I really hope MAGA sees their error, and we can all focus on the midterms.
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Arcane or Irrelevant Topic? On Free Will, Determinism, and Quantum Physics in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 1 year, 9 months ago_Robert_ wrote:
This is the logic of christian apologists.I was wondering when we’d hit post #55555. I missed it by one!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Arcane or Irrelevant Topic? On Free Will, Determinism, and Quantum Physics in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 1 year, 9 months agoUnseen wrote:
Now, a final word on introducing the quantum world into the discussion. There is no predeterminism because quantum level events can influence events in the world of everyday Newtonian/Einsteinian physics.I agree, and I feel responsible for potentially confusing a free will discussion with a mostly separate discussion on potential,…[Read more]
- Load More