Clearsky
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Are purported aliens demons? in the forum Theism 2 years, 1 month ago
Well, they tried to sound sciency. I have my own “hypotheses”. I’ll try to keep this short.
Alien technology, if aliens actually managed to get it here from “other dimensions”, wouldn’t have come in full sized space ships, because of the energy cost of traveling at high speeds to get here. I’ve proposed before, give us a mere million years of…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School August 18th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 1 month agoI don’t even think I could cope with a 2 minute clairvoyance talent, let alone a wide open future view.
10:00 – Sitting in my office, drinking coffee and dumbly gazing out the window, I see that at 10:02 a bird will smash into the window, scaring the crap out of me, causing me to spill my coffee all over my shirt.
10:01 – In order to avoid the p…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School August 18th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 1 month agoThanks Reg!!!
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School August 11th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 1 month agoThanks, Reg 🙂
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 1 month ago
Unseen wrote:
Pau singing the song Sharks is a highlight and Ale takes a more prominent than usual role on the song as well.Well it was good while it lasted, which I appreciate. I got to watch half of it before it got blocked. I hope whoever hosted the venue posts more of their shows, but they didn’t post a lot from 2023. I don’t know why. Edit:…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School August 4th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 1 month agoBelated thanks, Reg!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic SCOTUS Gone Rogue, Politically & Ideologically in the forum
Politics 2 years, 2 months agoI wish to understand how cults and extreme movements manifest. I see more anger and hate in social media than ever before. I’m seeing people say, with confidence, authoritarianism would be better than the current “permissive society that’s ruining America”. The threat to democracy is real, wrapped in an American flag, and carried by Christian…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School July 28th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 2 months agoThanks, Reg!!!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic SCOTUS Gone Rogue, Politically & Ideologically in the forum
Politics 2 years, 2 months agoI jump in a bit, leaving 4-1/4 minutes to watch:
(He shook his head when he said “I’m not Christian”. It sounded intentional to me, but maybe he’s just stirring the pot, in the moment, to get more headlines?)
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 2 months ago
Unseen wrote:
Their ages here 9, 12, and 14.The video was posted Aug 7, 2015, which would make Dany 15, Pau 13, and Ale 10. I’m not saying this to correct you, but because I’m always remembering these days that Dany and Pau were born in early 2000 and 2002, while Ale was born in late 2004. I like watching people having difficulty calculating…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic SCOTUS Gone Rogue, Politically & Ideologically in the forum
Politics 2 years, 2 months agoOK, I’ll expand this topic beyond SCOTUS. It can also be about neo-GOP, 2024 election, and Project 2025. (It’s a fricken conspiracy.)
10 minutes of Thom Harmann on JD Vance vs (childless cat lady) Kamala Harris.
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School July 21st 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 2 months agoThanks, Reg!
-
PopeBeanie started the topic SCOTUS Gone Rogue, Politically & Ideologically in the forum
Politics 2 years, 2 months agoThey’ve gone even further than I expected, and I was already pessimistic.
Hari Sreenivasan spoke with Leah Litman, law school professor at the University of Michigan about Trump’s classified documents case being dropped by one of the judges that Trump appointed.
Later in the interview possible remedies to balance SCOTUS were also…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School July 7th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 2 months agoTruth doesn’t have to be logical and realistic. Fiction does.
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School July 7th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 2 months agoSimon Paynton wrote:
We can’t have truth without a knower.Unseen wrote:
The philosophical question is not about what your life means to you.I hope the following, self-referencing logic doesn’t sound too convoluted.
We could just presume there’s a consciousness or two, e.g. God and/or humans, that know truth. But sans either, before the word “…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic We need to know why Trump is so popular in the forum Politics 2 years, 2 months ago
Bannon, in his evil genius way, saw this coming, and helped make it happen. There’s some kind of cycle of socio-economic evolution and reactive populism that he has an understanding of. IMO he and Trump are agents of disruption, deception, who smell opportunity, while finding other like-minded, collaborative organizations also smelling…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School July 7th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 2 months agoSimon Paynton wrote:
The meaning of life? What does that mean?I have a kind of dismissive opinion on these questions, although like wrt free will, I just go with my instinct to act in life as though I have it. I definitely feel I have a purpose, and that life has meaning. If those feeling are just delusions or illusions, then they’ve emerged “…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sabina Hossenfelder says Germany is circling the drain in the forum Politics 2 years, 2 months ago
I saw this when I was on YouTube yesterday, and recognized I had no clue about the German economy. (That’s what I should be embarrassed about.)
On a seemingly different topic, I have to say that I’ve left Google Search as my primary search engine, because it has become so bad, prioritizing extra clicks over linking to the most relevant…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School July 7th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 2 months agoThanks Reg!!!
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School June 30th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 3 months agoThanks, Reg!
- Load More