Sunday School

Sunday School February 3rd 2019

This topic contains 37 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Noel 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Simon Paynton
    Participant

They need to get themselves a different name, and figurehead, or they’re going nowhere.  They could have called themselves the “religion of rock’n’roll” or something similarly fun.  As it is, they might as well be the “paedo party” or something equally deplorable.

_Robert_
    Participant

So I see that a lot of the study is based on self reporting. Why anybody who understands the scientific method would use self reporting as actual data is beyond me.

So, suppose confidential anonymous surveys of college girls appeared to show that the rate of rape was far higher than FBI crime stats, the girls are lying?

Right, a woman has never had a mistake-fuck she was remorseful about and then rationalized it as rape. Or a woman has never called out a rape for attention or out of spite. If your neighbor accused you of raping her, should we all just believe her? No, then why believe a survey?

Going nowhere? They have been making steady progress in the fight against the discrimination of non-Christians by the Evangelical Right, especially when it comes to displays of religiosity in public places. That is, they are defenders of the US Constitution for the benefit of all citizens and not just those who discriminate against and attempt to persecute minorities in the name of Jesus. As a branding exercise their name is spot on, given the role they play in society.

Why the pedophile slur? It is the Catholic liars for Jesus that rape children.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Good luck to them, and I’m glad they’ve made progress in their mission.  But it’s unfortunate that their horrible name works against them.

Satan = evil = monsters.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

why believe a survey?

What would people have to gain, from lying in an anonymous survey?  You seem to think that women are especially evil.

_Robert_
    Participant

What would people have to gain, from lying in an anonymous survey? You seem to think that women are especially evil.

I don’t believe in evil. Only motivation. Women are often highly motivated to lie to get what they need. Emotionally or for any other need. They are especially vulnerable when with young children. It goes back to prehistoric days. I think it is time we stop trashing men all the time and take a look at reality. Of course that’s not academically possible because the humanity departments are dominated by females and the beta males accomplices that females actually hold in contempt.

Simon, they are atheists. Satan does not exist. The name works very well for them. Evil is a religious construct. Calling people monsters is to deny what they really are and why they act so.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Imagine if all school children studied this University syllabus as they went through the education system.

This course looks like a great idea.  I’d be interested to see the actual syllabus.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Satan does not exist. The name works very well for them.

Satanism exists, and evil exists.  I think it’s on their website that the “Satanist” atheists identify as “misunderstood” – they’ve only got themselves to blame.

Unseen
    Participant

Right, a woman has never had a mistake-fuck she was remorseful about and then rationalized it as rape. Or a woman has never called out a rape for attention or out of spite. If your neighbor accused you of raping her, should we all just believe her? No, then why believe a survey?

At the same time, a lot of women don’t come forward because in our adversarial justice system she may be subjected to a legal and psychological re-rape.

Davis
    Participant

Good luck to them, and I’m glad they’ve made progress in their mission. But it’s unfortunate that their horrible name works against them.

Simon they choose to be Satanists on purpose. They’ve created the ultimate religion that the religious cannot tolerate. This works in several ways: it makes a mockery of religious rituals, it challenges Christians from the opposite extreme and most importantly…they use this religion to stop Christians from weazling their way back into politics. Country-town Kentucky wants a nativity scene. Oh wait, the satanists want a satanic scene. So you choose, put our religious symbols in front of town hall and live with it being challenged and mocked seeding a little doubt in some people all right next to the Christian symbol in open public…or nobody puts one up and religion and state remain separate as they should. It’s a lose-lose situation. Sure it will piss off a lot of Christians…but it also makes a mockery of young Christians…children who like humour and snark are much more likely to change their minds before adulthood.

identify as “misunderstood” – they’ve only got themselves to blame.

If people actually listened to them then they could be well understood, but how many people do that? How many people listen when they are having their world view challenged openly?

Woah.

Davis
    Participant

Satanism exists, and evil exists.

Yes, Satanism exists though very few of them believe that Satan exists.

Evil exists

This is surprising. Evil. What is it? Is it a dark force that spreads bad deeds and manipulate others who would otherwise do good? Is it an invisible black gas that nourishes off of sadness and spreads to other people every time an evil deed is done?

Unseen
    Participant

This is surprising. Evil. What is it? Is it a dark force that spreads bad deeds and manipulate others who would otherwise do good? Is it an invisible black gas that nourishes off of sadness and spreads to other people every time an evil deed is done?

Evil is imaginary. It’s not a property like height, weight, color. etc. When I say imaginary, I don’t mean it kn the sense of nonexistent. I mean it’s what an observer in their mind adjudges about the observed. It’s a judgment not a statement of fact to declare something or someone “evil.”

Evil is not a “thing.”

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Unseen.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Unseen.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Evil is not a “thing.”

Evil is a quality that some actions have, just as altruism or fairness are qualities that some actions have.

I wouldn’t include theft or deception, but I would broadly define it as extreme spite.

_Robert_
    Participant
    At the same time, a lot of women don’t come forward because in our adversarial justice system……
    Our justice system is adversarial? Hmmm So you prefer presumption of guilt? BTW Why did you select rape with a female victim? Do you think it would be easy for a male victim of spousal abuse to report this crime? Every victim of any crime must “relive” the crime to persecute the guilty.
    That’s just the way it is.
    So my assertion that survey data is not reliable has nothing to do with the accuracy of some other data set such as FBI records. That’s a strawman argument anyways.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.