Clearsky
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School 17th December 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 9 months agoThanks, Reg!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School November 5th 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 9 months agoPopeBeanie wrote:
Of course! Everything happens for a reason, even if those initially unfathomable, unpredictable reasons are married into and can’t be divorced from determinism. Does that make universal sense? Maybe it’s a believable, secular analog to God made it happen, fatefully, in His infinitely mysterious ways. While Jesus runs the PR depa… -
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Music Origins, History, Creation, Special Musicians… in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 9 months ago
The next song works well, as reacted to by Anna, a favorite of mine now. I love the first, beautiful style of the singer, but not the second style. Anna’s reaction to it smoothed out the experience for me, and I got to learn something in spite of my dislike of it. The instrumentalists are also highly skilled and make the song great, too. This is…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Music Origins, History, Creation, Special Musicians… in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 9 months ago
Unseen wrote:
Here, one of the masters, Rick Beato, analyzes what he says is the most complex pop song of all time.When I heard that song many years ago, I had no idea there were so many chords, as I assumed they were the same bunch of chords repeated throughout. Rick put up another video about this song maybe a year or two ago, in teacher mode,…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School December 10th 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 10 months agoThanks, Reg 🙂
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Extra-Geeky Chat/Conversations in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 2 years, 10 months agoSo without posting lengthy responses from ChatGPT, I’ll list some of the queries that I feel I’ve gotten great responses to. (In fact I’d say 90% of my queries have been adequately or more than adequately responded to.)
It looks like I’m inheriting a couple of northern CA groups to manage, both related to skepticism and critical thinking. “Local”…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Register Republican in the forum Politics 2 years, 10 months ago
unapologetic wrote:
And of course vote AGAINST Trump.I’ve not decided on that, yet. I don’t like DeSantis and other GOP choices, although of course DJ McNasty would be the worst. And I’m more hopeful that someone other than Biden wins the primaries. (It’s like, hopeless in any case.)
I’ve not paid attention to the polls, and I probably won’t…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Music Origins, History, Creation, Special Musicians… in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 10 months ago
I’m learning from what may be the best reactors now, who have obvious expertise, and experience with critiquing music. So I think they fit into this topic as much as great music videos without a critic. Anna Vaskelainen is one of the smartest I’ve discovered so far, and passionate as well. She picks up so much on just her first watching. Turn on…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School December 3rd 2023 in the forum Sunday School December 3rd 2023 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks Reg!
(and thanks, Enco, for the log in tip!)
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Chelsea says "I coulda been the champion." in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 10 months ago
jakelafort wrote:
As to why it is a bad idea…it would draw additional attention and scrutiny of the trans folks. It would be like a freak show.I agree it could be, for a while at least. While as physically and mentally handicapped competitors now have regular events, maybe we could learn from how policies and measurements of “fairness” across d…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Chelsea says "I coulda been the champion." in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 10 months ago
jakelafort wrote:
Bad idea.Worse than what we have now? I’m all ears.
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Chelsea says "I coulda been the champion." in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 10 months ago
Simon Paynton wrote:
Not all trans categories are a single category.(I wasn’t finished editing my post before you responded… sorry.)
In any case, it could be left up to them (and those non-binaries, and so on in any other category) to come together and make those kinds of determinations themselves. With as much additional support from all…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Chelsea says "I coulda been the champion." in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 10 months ago
Simon Paynton wrote:
They seem like two very different athletic categories.What Unseen first said didn’t hit me as obvious either, but I think that what you and Unseen say relate to my point:
Help make inter-trans (intra-trans?) competitions more common and popular, because trans people deserve to have them. I think that least some trans events…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Chelsea says "I coulda been the champion." in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 10 months ago
Maybe trans men and women could compete in their own category someday, even in (say) the Olympics. It might be interesting to see how trans men and trans women would feel about competing with each other, instead of (or in addition to) just competing with their own assigned gender-mates. It might be one way to discover whether or not the genes…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School November 25th 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 10 months agoThanks, Reg!!!
-
PopeBeanie joined the group
Music Lovers 2 years, 10 months ago -
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School November 19th 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 10 months agoThanks, Reg!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Ethical dilemma: Ghosting in the forum
To Do or not To Do 2 years, 10 months agoIn the context of this group, and your topic, specific question and my experience, I don’t think much in terms of valence wrt morality or what’s “wrong”. I focus on improving my recognition and employment of empathy, which has been a decades long process for me. I’d say that empathy plus objectivity, together with limitations on expectations and…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Ethical dilemma: Ghosting in the forum
To Do or not To Do 2 years, 10 months agoI’ve not yet read other responses, to give my most unbiased opinion. Although I’m sure I’m a cultural outlier, I’m also fairly sure that my affinity to bonding with friends, and my level of empathy for strangers lie near the end of a human scale that goes from “really want it and need it, and take this personally” to “meh, I’m not into it and to…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School November 12th 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 10 months agoYes, I’m using an iPhone and if I scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page, I see an option to log out – which is inevitably switched to log in, if you aren’t.
- Load More