Clearsky
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School November 12th 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 10 months agoTheEncogitationer wrote:
Strega, Here lately, I’ve found I can only log in at the bottom of the main page but not the top.well that’s a handy thing to know!
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School November 12th 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 10 months agoThanks Reg! Could not log in yesterday at all!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Music Origins, History, Creation, Special Musicians… in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 10 months ago
For others here, out of dozens of reviews of Hi Ren, none disliked Ren’s musical style, and most, especially the professional guitarists, commented on how creative and talented he is as a guitar player. I’m still in awe of it every time I watch. I consider Hi Ren as a short opera, as the story takes us through a very emotional topic, and the…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Use of the term People of Color (POC) in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 10 months ago
On a related note, boosted now by the House out to Cancel the Executive Branch’s use of a word. I had no clue that use of the term LatinX was yet another propagandanismistic (sp) tactic of Woke Culture.
As just another naive white guy, post-colonist, I sought out and found a bit of Latin[?] history and insight from someone, who I think is one of <…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
Your examples of prophecy fulfilled are not contextual to all the unfulfilled prophecies. We can’t tell a good one from a bad one until after the event, either. So we would be rather foolish to trust *any* prophecy in case it was a bad one.
This reduces the value of a prophecy to the equivalent of an astrology reading.
-
Strega replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
Netanyahu is pushing every possible emotional button to reinforce the Israeli response. If there’s a bit of Bible handy, he’s going to grab that. I don’t think there is any particular proselytism that is out of bounds when you’re rallying the troops. I wouldn’t take it seriously.
Now, tell me what the point of prophecy is if it cannot be trusted…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
michael17 wrote:
There are no prophets counseling the leadership of Israel. protect the people, but do not take the moral high ground by quoting scripture to justify genocide. Leaders are in place by providence for a non believing world, to assume it’s for righteousness is presumptuous <p style=”text-align: rig… -
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School November 5th 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoReg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:
He replied, Yes, but it should always be read in the context of the whole text and Jesus would have his reasons for not forgiving him that may not have been revealed to us.Of course! Everything happens for a reason, even if those initially unfathomable, unpredictable reasons are married into and can’t be divorced…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Why I'm skeptical about the UFO phenomenon in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 11 months ago
Simon Paynton wrote:
Unseen wrote: I’m not clear on why you’re bringing up communication.That is probably the only way that alien living beings can reach us – virtually, rather than in person.
I agree, and my wild guess is that AI could be sent far in tiny packages, and assembled into bigger agents near its destination, depending on the missi…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
What is the point of a prophecy that can only be relied on after the event?
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School November 5th 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoThanks, Reg!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic "Delusional" Zelinsky still believes Ukraine can win in the forum Politics 2 years, 11 months ago
If corruption in government is the issue, I just don’t see Putin as a hero hoping or intending to get rid of it.
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
michael17 wrote:
The internet is abuzz but the end of the age followed by the second coming and the millennium of peace is not here yet.This has been a topic that has been coming up repeatedly over hundreds or thousands of years, while humans keep looking for ways to prove prediction in scripture.
While scriptures were written solely by…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
TheEncogitationer wrote:
Speaking of Apocalypse, Steven Pinker has said the wisest thing I’ve heard so far about both the nature of intelligence in general and about the Apocalypticism surrounding Artificial Intelligence:I love that youtube short! I would rarely click on an article with a headline that includes something like “This person D…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
TheEncogitationer wrote:
What we all as Employees and Management need to be concerned about are the Nihilistic looters who walk out of our doors with around $1.5 Million a year just in our store and who have forced us to end 24-7 hours and forced employees to go years at a time without a Quarterly Bonus. Alas, such worldly concerns are trifles to… -
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
Unseen wrote:
Would any of these qualify?Wow, I haven’t used the word eschatology in so long, (years?), I feel neglectful!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunni Islam and Shia Islam Together Again…And Against Us! in the forum Politics 2 years, 11 months ago
Unseen wrote:
@ Robert This attack was a long time coming. It’s been fueled by ongoing abuse of Palestinians, treating them inhumanely as subjects rather than citizens. Maybe Israel should apologize and pay reparations and then it should sue for peace.Are Hamas and Hezbollah itching to make a deal already? That would be awesome.
I’m not s…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic "Delusional" Zelinsky still believes Ukraine can win in the forum Politics 2 years, 11 months ago
So we can celebrate if/when Putin cleans house?
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Music Origins, History, Creation, Special Musicians… in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 11 months ago
@Unseen I ran into a Modern Life for the 70’s Mind reaction to Hi Ren (also see above), and watched. Good tip, to just skip the narrative on Bob’s personal life.
At the end of the review he picked up on how the camera recording changed to human-held, making it feel more real, at the most personal moment. The opera singer (above) also pointed this…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Music Origins, History, Creation, Special Musicians… in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 11 months ago
If anyone here feels stuck in a rut, this woman (who names her Youtube channel “Soprano Notes”) has A LOT of great insight into the Hi Ren piece.
At one point, I’ve seen some reactors feel totally horrified, stupefied enough to not know how to hear and deal with what’s coming next. This reactor handles her first viewing in the best way I’ve seen,…[Read more]
- Load More