Sunday School

Sunday School June 16th 2019

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Paynton 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Some misunderstandings about atheists and where the most Post-Christian cities in America are. As America also becomes more religiously diverse will Church and State separate?

In Canada an atheist nurse makes his case against attending an AA program.

In Ireland a Pastafarian is told his case does not hold water.

For Pride Month the Cuddly One has announced he is disorientated by gender fluidity. A Christian in Tennessee calls for the execution of some of his fellow citizens while a blood drinking and flesh eating priest in Ireland compares gay people to zombies. Their zero tolerance stance is aimed at the wrong people.

This weeks’ Woo: Many parents are still demanding the right to allow their children to not be cured. Some have successfully not cured them.

Climate Crisis: Just how bad might things get for life on Earth?

An intelligent article debunking the bad pop psychology of Jordan Peterson that you might like to disagree (or not) with.

It’s time for Progressives to protect women instead of pronouns.

How modern life is transforming the human skeleton.

Ethics of AI: how should we treat rational, sentient robots – if they existed?

Ancient DNA reveals the complex story of Human migration between Siberia and North America.

A double-take on Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle.

We are told that we are an irrational tangle of biases but does this claim stand to reason, especially if knowledge is nothing more than a stone-age concept.

Long Reads: The ‘country’ living in a Soviet time warp.

Some paradoxes to get your brain ticking over.

This week I am reading this book: Upheaval.

Some photographs taken last week and the National Geographic winners.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video: TED Talk – The lies our culture tells us about what matters. The Royal Institution: Our Universe and how it works.

“If the ignorance of nature gave birth to such a variety of gods, the knowledge of this nature is calculated to destroy them.”

Paul Henri Thiry, Baron d’Holbach.

Strega

Thanks, Reg!

Davis
    Participant

Aboslutely love the straight pride video. Helarious.

Every day is straight pride day. While I am sure that there are occasional unfair and quite rare “pick on straight people” days, beat up a straight couple days, kick your straight kids out of home days or “don’t give that breeder a job” days. I’m not sure that it’s really necessary to get together and have a huge crazy over the top flaming party to force all those LGTB people to recognise that they aren’t going to be abused or discriminated against anymore and that their straightness must be acknowledged and will need to be agressively normalised until that discrimination against straight people comes to an end.

If they want to get together and do that…why should they be stopped? Do you think Madonna or Kylie Minogue will come and sing?

Simon Paynton
    Participant

An intelligent article debunking the bad pop psychology of Jordan Peterson that you might like to disagree (or not) with.

I thought this article is pretty silly.  It comes down to, if you don’t like marxism then you’re evil.  I found that they are twisting a lot of what Jordan Peterson says, through the lens of marxist theory.

his paranoid and conspiratorial politics are hard to distinguish from the alt-right’s denunciations of cultural Marxism.

I don’t think he’s paranoid or conspiratorial.  He lives on university campuses in Canada and the US, and has been hounded half to death: he’s bound to question what’s going on around him.

These people don’t like Peterson because he speaks against the silly regressive Left, and says a lot of unfashionable things.  End of story.  There are many instances of him changing people’s lives (mainly men) away from abject loserdom into getting their lives together.  I used to spend a lot of time on his Facebook page, I’m anti-racist, anti-sexist and pro-LBGT, and I don’t find anything alarming in what I can figure out of what he is talking about.

_Robert_
    Participant

JP has become almost a cult leader for disillusioned men and well I  think he is a positive force except he clings on to some imaginary version of a xtian god.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I think he does a good job of what he sets out to do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.