Sunday School

Sunday School March 1st 2020

This topic contains 60 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

Those all look like Jordan Peterson quotes.

in his podcast he explains those in great detail

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  Ivy.

_Robert_
    Participant

Need to add “don’t get hooked on prescription drugs”. The professor almost died.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

They sure are.

Some people say he gives a distorted view of the Left, Post-modernism, Marxism, etc.  I would say that’s because he’s right on the frontline of the febrile “culture wars” that some people enjoy, so he suffers from their worst excesses.

The professor almost died.

He did?  I thought that was his daughter who had some kind of illness.

Pet a cat you find on the street unless you are allergic to cats, the cat is a diseased stray, distrusts humans or is one of those cats that does not want to be touched.

We need to be careful here folks. JP followers could end up being the cause of a #Meow2 movement for thousands of pussies that suddenly find white males running after them in order to stroke them and assuming they have consent to do so. I guess Incels wont even bother.

I always remember that line from Stan Laurel (who?) when he uttered the wise words:

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

So true when you think deeply about it.

_Robert_
    Participant

They sure are. Some people say he gives a distorted view of the Left, Post-modernism, Marxism, etc. I would say that’s because he’s right on the frontline of the febrile “culture wars” that some people enjoy, so he suffers from their worst excesses.

He did? I thought that was his daughter who had some kind of illness.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/jordan-peterson-almost-died-in-induced-coma-during-withdrawal-from-anxiety-drug-daughter-says

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Sounds terrible.  Remind me never to take anything ending in “pam”.  There must be better ways to deal with temporary anxiety.  Hmmm…

_Robert_
    Participant

Sounds terrible. Remind me never to take anything ending in “pam”. There must be better ways to deal with temporary anxiety. Hmmm…

After I was in an accident on a bridge I would get panicky when driving on long bridges. My doc gave me a script for Klonopin (Clonazepam). I bought a bottle, cut a pill in half and took it. Then I got online to find out that the singer Stevie Nicks became a walking zombie on the stuff. I threw the  rest of them away.

_Robert_
    Participant

One thing these men’s activist guys are always saying is true. After my childless divorce many years ago I did some online dating. It seemed like so many (literally hundreds) 30-40 something women would message me and say they have had their fun and now they want to settle down and get serious with a nice guy. Finally I put in my profile….”not interested in having kids”. That cut down my inbox drastically.

So yeah, you had your fun and now I am supposed to be your beast of burden while you fulfill maternal instincts. No thanks.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

There’s good one thing I think has come out of the “men’s rights” movement.  Men aren’t villified so much any more in the name of fake “feminism”.  (Now, it’s “white people” who are the enemy.  Also rubbish.)

Simon Paynton
    Participant

now I am supposed to be your beast of burden while you fulfill maternal instincts. No thanks.

That’s OK, because a lot of men want kids.  If you don’t (which I don’t), then don’t have them, and good luck.

I can’t help thinking that a lot of young men are being seriously led astray by the Men’s Rights Movement.  They’re being taught to hate women, when they should be making peace with the other half of the human race, and then they wouldn’t be so unhappy.

_Robert_
    Participant

There’s good one thing I think has come out of the “men’s rights” movement. Men aren’t villified so much any more in the name of fake “feminism”. (Now, it’s “white people” who are the enemy. Also rubbish.)

I think that feminism has actually liberated men. If I was a young guy today I would not feel forced as I did to get married and have a family. The pressure was intense. I caved in, gave it a shot and it didn’t work. Cost me a lot. If I was born 30 years later I would have just done as I pleased.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I think that feminism has actually liberated men.

I agree with that.  As has the whole civil rights movement in general.  We’re not forced to be “normal” any more.

When I was 18 I told my uncle that I was never getting married or going to have children. Over 30 years later, at a cousins wedding, he reminded me of what I had said (I had forgotten I said it until he reminded me).

“You stuck to your guns” he said, “but how does it feel to be childless”?

I replied, “I am not childless, I am child free!!

I was thinking about giving up online dating.  So many married women pretending to be single. Then I put “child free” and “atheist” into my tagline. Now I only met intelligent independent child free atheist women.

Davis

I’m not posting all this information about Peterson again. You can look it up in the forums

Davis

Child free life is spectacular. My friends’ children are a mixture of cute little things I can enjoy for a moderate period of time…as well as extremely obnoxious spoiled attention whoring selfish loud screaming monsters. The method my friends usually use to raise their kids is one of incredible freedom, few limits, no repercussions,  think completely independently, learn everything on your own (somehow), never give them a couple toys and a few hours to play in the back-yard (too unstructured) and filling the rest of their little free time with classes, sports, tutors, language practice and even spiritual bullshit. Considering the world will be on fire in a few generations…I find it morally ambiguous to have children now and couldn’t imagine  having to raise a kid in the age of phone addiction, post-truth,s media bullying and parent shaming…to the point they feel guilty taking a weekend vacation alone or spending an evening reading a book. Child-free is the perfect description Reg. High five

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.