Clearsky
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 22nd 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoThanks Jake. I was going to say that to address the overarching issue, I think fixing the health system would have massive positive repercussions inasmuch as medical liability insurances and workers comp stuff would be a fraction of what they are now, and a huge fear block would be lifted.
Then I think tackling the gun issues might be a viable…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 22nd 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoIt seems to me that guns are a part of a wider issue, which is that you can control people when a) they live in fear, and b) they’re indoctrinated with obedience.
We get the obedience indoctrination from the religions; enough said there.
The fear is created by a combination of health insecurity, financial shortages, and cultivated negativity t…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 11 months ago
I knew Cream was special, but didn’t get deep into them. Even less so for Rush. I might still get into those rabbit holes. I appreciate three piece bands more now. I’m avoiding Muse and other super-skilled bands, even Polyphia, as talented as they are, I listen in awe to the mechanics, but while feeling the music less.
I like this voice-focused…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School October 29th 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoWhen I clicked on the podcast link, the page asks you to sign up. I didn’t try that. Using the website’s search for “free will” did the same thing, but a google search for “free will” for that site returned a result that gets you there:
-
Strega replied to the topic Is the Middle East Crisis a Prelude to Armageddon? in the forum Theism 2 years, 11 months ago
Laughs, hey Michael – end of the world is nigh again?
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 29th 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoThanks, Reg 🙂
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Music Origins, History, Creation, Special Musicians… in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 11 months ago
I tend to ignore anything that goes viral these days, but I got into this one because of a few music reviewers I respect. IMO this performance is awesome, and meaningful. About 9-1/2 minutes.
Late PopeBeanie edit: If you’re feeling emotionally vulnerable, I recommend you watch this video doled out more in stride in the next post instead of this…[Read more] -
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 11 months ago
I watched most of his TW reviews already and decided to not listen to the rest. If I remember correctly, he says too much that’s just not relevant to me, e.g. what he did that day? But it does appeal to 17k subscribers and he sounds like a nice guy.
Here’s an example of a guy who was “in the biz” and has friends and associates in the biz that he…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Victim’s Remorse? Or something else? in the forum Advice 2 years, 11 months ago
Simon Paynton wrote:
Here is a slightly different kind of trauma therapy – Gestalt Therapy.I read one of Fritz Perls‘ books as a teenager, and learned a lot from it. (He founded Gestalt Therapy.)
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Victim’s Remorse? Or something else? in the forum Advice 2 years, 11 months ago
I’ve had great support from the VA, and great luck with therapists for ten years, solving depression first, which was caused by decades of severe social anxiety. It took the next seven years or so to get over the social anxiety. For both diagnoses, the treatments were “standard”, but different therapists favored different techniques, and…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 22nd 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoThanks Reg!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Extra-Geeky Chat/Conversations in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 2 years, 11 months agoUnseen wrote:
However, rephrase it a bit and then it will answer it when for the life of me I can’t detect a dime’s worth of difference between the two queries.I have two challenges each time I chat with it.
One is to word my query concisely, and in a way that “anyone” could probably understand. I appreciate taking on that challenge, as I fee…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic ChatGPT 2022/2023 in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 2 years, 11 months agoHere’s another example of a one minute query/response that may have taken hours to query and piece together responses in (say) Google. Using purpleair.com and windy.com now to predict, sometimes to the minute, the arrival of forest fire smoke to my area, I noticed how wind currents very often follow very closely the California coastline, in a…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Extra-Geeky Chat/Conversations in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 2 years, 11 months ago@Unseen, somehow, 25 days ago, I missed notification that this elevator query was posted.
Unseen wrote:
Given a building with 16 floors and two elevators, which floors should the elevators wait on when not in use?The ChatGPT response looks more comprehensive than Bard’s, but who knows how they (and Microsoft’s offering) will evolve. ChatGPT v3.5…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School 15th October 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoReg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:
I do not use FB or Twitter or any other medium.I mostly quit both, years ago, but didn’t delete my accounts. Maybe a few times a year I check FB for updates on my closest friends or family. And recently I’ve added some people to follow on Twitter, based on their record of being factual, e.g. Dr. Michael Mina, who…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School 15th October 2023. in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 11 months agoThanks, Reg 🙂
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic We need a Middle Eastern mulligan in the forum Politics 2 years, 11 months ago
Unseen wrote:
Guess who is siding with the Palestinians?Are you pointing to the guest in the interview, just one person?
Do you agree with him that reports of beheaded babies were fabricated?
Even if the reports of beheading are true, he made a good point imo that destroying buildings in Gaza has the same effect on babies, children, moms, and…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 11 months ago
Unseen wrote:
It’s like a Brussels sprout morphing into a head of cabbage, isn’t it?LOL wow, I feel that now too! And I’ll bet the band would get that, and laugh. 🙂
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 2 years, 11 months ago
Unseen wrote:
I thought Rick Beato had been ignoring The Warning but I was wrong. Back on May 12 he interviewed The Warning with David Bendeth* on David’s channel.I mentioned that interview a while ago, and is why I mentioned Bendeth’s involvement and that Beato’s not ignoring them. But I didn’t post it because it’s so long and the interview w…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunni Islam and Shia Islam Together Again…And Against Us! in the forum Politics 2 years, 11 months ago
TheEncogitationer wrote:
Sunni Muslims and Shia Muslims are setting aside their ancient quarrel over who will run the Caliphate conn (or con) after Muhammad died and they’re uniting against “The Zionist Entity” Israel and supporting Hamas murderers!So don’t be surprised if/when Israel kills ten times as many human beings as Hamas has. The motiv…[Read more]
- Load More